Congratulations to everyone who performed this week! A special shout out to all of our soloists, and our accompanists. I’m so proud of everyone for all their hard work!
Now that the concerts are over, all chorus classes will be spent completing group projects. I’m attaching the assignment packet here. The project will be completed in class and outside of class.
CHORALE AUDITION MEETING: This week from 2:45-3:00 on Wednesday AND 7:15-7:30am on Friday I will be holding a Chorale audition meeting for those interested. I will practice the warm-up scales and explain in more detail what will happen at the auditions. I will also distribute a rubric I will be using for auditions.
REMINDER: Chorale auditions for NEXT year are going to happen the second week of June, after school. For the audition, students will need to be able to learn a harmony part on the spot from the song “Hallelujah” which I am also going to attach to this email. The students will also need to sing solfege scales which any child in chorus this year will know (Do-re-mi-fa-sol-la-ti-do-do-ti-la-sol-fa-mi-re-do, Do-mi-re-fa-mi-sol, etc., Do-mi-sol-mi-do, Do-fa-la-fa-do-la-do, Ti-re-fa-re-ti-sol-ti, do-mi-so-do-so-mi-do).
**Students can come practice similar skills with me during extra-help***
The following are updates for Chorus, Chorale, and Spotlight. For those of you new to Weekly Updates, you can find previous newsletters on my website: www.roslynmschorus.org. If you would like to unsubscribe to these emails, please respond to this email with: “UNSUBSCRIBE”. You are automatically subscribed if you send an email regarding Chorus, Chorale, or Spotlight.
1. Auditions for “Les Miserables” are going to be in mid-September. At the start of the school year I will have an informational meeting about the exact cuts of the songs, audition requirements, etc. However, here is a preview so you can get a head start over the summer; the following songs are going to be the required songs for specific voice parts:
“In My Life”- Soprano
“There Is a Castle”- Child soprano
“I Dreamed a Dream”- Mezzo-soprano
“Little Fall of Rain”- Mezzo-soprano (DO NOT PREPARE “ON MY OWN”)
“Master of the House”- Alto
“Bring Him Home”- Tenor
“Javert’s Suicide”- Baritone
“Empty Chairs At Empty Tables”- Tenor
“Do You Hear the People Sing”- Baritone/Tenor
“Little People”- Male child
“Master of the House”- Baritone/Tenor
1. This week we will be meeting on TUESDAY and THURSDAY.
2. Please make a note that ALL students, 7th AND 8th grade, are required to sing at the 8th grade graduation on June 22nd at 11am at Hofstra. There will a bus that leaves from school.
1. Congratulations on terrific concerts!!! All of our hard work paid off!
2. If you would like a copy of the concert, please send in a flash drive and I will put the recordings onto it. I can’t send the files because they are too big.
3. Please see the attached project packet for an idea of what we will be doing for the remainder of the year.
Enjoy a warm week!!
All the best,