Good morning and happy Sunday!
Welcome to the “Weekly Update” emails. It was exciting to meet many new faces on Wednesday at the 6th grade Back to School Night. Happy New Year to anyone who celebrates this week.
Reminder: If students lose their music or workbooks, they can print them out from my website under “Print at Home” or “Chorus” links.
Past Due: Signed “Chorus Handbook” forms (page 15) were due on Friday. If you have misplaced or lost the handbook, you can print it out from the homepage on my website: www.roslynmschorus.org
The website: Please try to find answers to frequently asked questions on my website. I have sections for NYSSMA, All-County, Spotlight, Chorale, Chorus, as well as calendars, sign-ups, printables, and more. This is a key resource for you this year.
ALL-COUNTY: Any student who participated in vocal NYSSMA last year AND is in chorus (unfortunately Chorale does not count, as stated last year) is eligible for All-County. I gave my “A” day students the nomination forms on Friday, and I will give any student who is in Chorale but also Chorus theirs tomorrow, and my “B” day students the form tomorrow.
I have updated the website: www.roslynmschorus.org to include all kinds of new additions. Please check it out, as there are many new exciting items. Many things have been added to the calendars, so please add them to your own calendars.
The following are updates for Chorus, Chorale, and Spotlight. For those of you new to Weekly Updates, you can find previous newsletters on my website: www.roslynmschorus.org. If you would like to unsubscribe to these emails, please respond to this email with: “UNSUBSCRIBE”. You are automatically subscribed if you send an email regarding Chorus, Chorale, or Spotlight.
1. There is a MANDATORY meeting that parents are not required to come to, but are invited, TOMORROW, September 18th @ 3:00 in ROOM 125, this is a change. Anyone interested in participating on stage or back stage should attend this meeting. The meeting should be about 30 minutes. If you cannot attend the meeting, please send me an email. If you have sent me an email because you cannot attend the meeting, all Spotlight information can be found on my website under “Spotlight”.
2. Auditions for “Les Miserables” are going to be September 25th, 27th, and 28th from 2:15-4:45. Sign-ups will begin after the meeting on September 18th. You only need to sign-up for one date and time.
3. Below are the songs that will be required for the audition. Please look under the “Spotlight” tab on my website for additional details.
“In My Life”- Soprano
“There Is a Castle”- Child soprano
“I Dreamed a Dream”- Mezzo-soprano
“Little Fall of Rain”- Mezzo-soprano (DO NOT PREPARE “ON MY OWN”)
“Master of the House”- Alto
“Bring Him Home”- Tenor
“Javert’s Suicide”- Baritone
“Empty Chairs At Empty Tables”- Tenor
“Do You Hear the People Sing”- Baritone/Tenor
“Little People”- Male child
“Master of the House”- Baritone/Tenor
CHORALE (7th/8th grade select chorus)
1. The new Chorale schedule this year will Mondays and Wednesdays with sectionals on Fridays. You will not need to attend every Friday. This week the schedule is: Monday & Wednesday, EVERYONE
2. The students did a fantastic job singing at the September 11th assembly on Monday. We have many more exciting things to come!
1. Reminder to make sure you start thinking ahead for concert attire. Formal black bottoms, white blank tops, and black shoes are required for concerts.
3. The last page of the handbook was due on Friday. If you have lost or misplaced the handbook, another copy can be found on the homepage of my website: www.roslynmschorus.org.
4. Please access the “Print at Home” link as well for anything you have misplaced.