Happy Sunday 🙂
Welcome to my “Weekly Updates”! This is where the most important information can be found for Chorus, Chorale, and Spotlight. It’s very important you read the parts of this email that pertain to your child’s performing group, as they may not be involved in everything.
Reminder: If students lose their music or workbooks, they can print them out from my website under “Print at Home” or “Chorus” links.
Past Due: The last page of the handbook was due on September 15th. If you have misplaced or lost the handbook, you can print it out from the homepage on my website: www.roslynmschorus.org. You can also send me an email saying you acknowledge the concert dates, concert attire, and that you can use my website for handouts and information, and I will mark it down on PowerSchool. As of right now, assignments that are missing/late are 0’s in my gradebook. This will not be reflected on PowerSchool until next week.
The website: Please try to find answers to frequently asked questions on my website. I have sections for NYSSMA, All-County, Spotlight, Chorale, Chorus, as well as calendars, sign-ups, printables, and more. This is a key resource for you this year.
ALL-COUNTY: All-County papers are past due. If your child participated in NYSSMA last year AND wants to be nominated, please send me an e-mail ASAP. I MUST put in the information tomorrow or your child can’t be nominated.
The following are updates for Chorus, Chorale, and Spotlight. For those of you new to Weekly Updates, you can find previous newsletters on my website: www.roslynmschorus.org. If you would like to unsubscribe to these emails, please respond to this email with: “UNSUBSCRIBE”. You are automatically subscribed if you send an email regarding Chorus, Chorale, or Spotlight.
3. Our rehearsal calendar will be updated this week, so if you put in rehearsal dates already, make sure you check back Tuesday to see some small updates/changes.
4. All advertisement checks will now be made out to “Friends of Spotlight”. You will be receiving new forms reflecting this new change.
**CHORALE (7th/8th grade select chorus)
1. The new Chorale schedule this year will Mondays and Wednesdays with sectionals on Fridays. You will not need to attend every Friday. This week the schedule is: Monday & Wednesday, EVERYONE, Friday: ALTO SECTIONAL
2. Please check the Chorale calendar on my website regularly, as I update it all the time. You can even add that google calendar to your own by pressing “ADD CALENDAR” at the bottom of the calendar.
1. 7th/8th grade will be receiving THREE new songs this week: New York State of Mind (Billy Joel), I’ll Be Missing You (P. Diddy/F. Evans), and Winter song (S. Bareillis).
3. Reminder to make sure you start thinking ahead for concert attire. Formal black bottoms, white blank tops, and black shoes are required for concerts.