Weekly Update 1/28/18…just a reminder to scroll all the way down to your child’s performing group.
The end of quarter two was on Friday. Starting Monday we will be in quarter three already! Our Spotlight production is also now 1.5 weeks away!! If you would like a ticket and your child is not in the performance, you can download the “Community Form” off my website and submit to me.
NYSSMA: All NYSSMA forms have been submitted to NMEA (Nassau Music Educators Association). You will be given a time slot at the end of February.
Lunch Chorus this week:
Monday: B day, 6th grade
Tuesday: A day, 7th grade
Wednesday: B day, 6th grade
Thursday: A day, 7th grade
Friday: B day, 6th grade
For those new to emails…. welcome to my “Weekly Updates”! This is where the most important information can be found for Chorus, Chorale, and Spotlight. It’s very important you read the parts of this email that pertain to your child’s performing group, as they may not be involved in everything.
Reminder: If students lose their music or workbooks, they can print them out from my website under “Print at Home” or “Chorus” links.
The website: Please try to find answers to frequently asked questions on my website. I have sections for NYSSMA, All-County, Spotlight, Chorale, Chorus, as well as calendars, sign-ups, printables, and more. This is a key resource for you this year.
The following are updates for Chorus, Chorale, and Spotlight. For those of you new to Weekly Updates, you can find previous newsletters on my website: www.roslynmschorus.org. If you would like to unsubscribe to these emails, please respond to this email with: “UNSUBSCRIBE”. You are automatically subscribed if you send an email regarding Chorus, Chorale, or Spotlight.
If you ever have any questions, concerns, comments, or just want to chat, never hesitate to call, email, or use the “Remind” app.
**SPOTLIGHT….PLEASE READ EVERYTHING!!
1. REMINDER: Headshots are due this week for our headshot wall! You must provide a physical 8×10, vertical, color or black/white photo with your child’s name on the bottom. Any photo will do, it doesn’t have to be professional headshot, it can be your child’s school photo, bar/bat mitzvah photo, etc.
2. This week rehearsals are the following:
Monday (2:45-4:45)- Act II
Tuesday (2:15-4:45)- Backstage ONLY and optional for those who would like to help mark the stage
Wednesday (2:45-4:45)- Act I
Thursday (2:45-4:45)- Act II
Friday (3:00-8:00)- RUN-THROUGH WITH TECH AND COSTUME FITTINGS. Dinner from 5:45-6:15.
Saturday (9am-4pm) COSTUME FITTINGS BY APPOINTMENT (each student will receive a 15 min. time slot)
Sunday (10am-4pm)- FULL DRESS REHEARSAL…keep in mind students should come at 10am since we will have our DOWN-BEAT (we begin the show) at 11am. For students getting mic’ed, they need to get mic’ed before they put their makeup on.
***STUDENTS MAY NOT LEAVE EARLY AT THIS POINT***
3. LOOKING AHEAD:
Sunday 2/4 (11am-4pm): FULL RUN-THROUGH…keep in mind students should come early since we are beginning the show at 11am in full dress and makeup/coverage
Monday 2/5 (3pm-8pm): FULL DRESS REHEARSAL
Tuesday 2/6 (3pm-8pm): FULL DRESS REHEARSAL
Wednesday 2/7 (3pm-8pm): FULL DRESS REHEARSAL
Thursday 2/8 (3pm call time, 4pm show): Show #1
Friday 2/9 (5:30 call time, 7:30 show) Show #2…for those new to Spotlight, keep in mind most students go to the diner after this performance
Saturday 2/10 (5:30 call time, 7:30 show) Show #3
Sunday 2/11 (12pm call time, 2pm show) Show #4 …cast party right after!
4. ALL STUDENTS MUST BE AT EVERY REHEARSAL.
5. For your convenience, we will be professionally recording the performance of Les Miserables. Here is the link so you can order a DVD or an mp4 file…or both! To order DVD’s or digital copies of the show please use the following link: https://merelisproductions.wufoo.com/forms/spotlight-roslyn-middle-school/
6. Please label your flower forms and dinner forms so we know who they belong to, thank you!
7. Thank you to all of you who helped paint our sets last Saturday and this Saturday! Our set looks fantastic!!
8. Backstage students should be attending rehearsals from now on.
9. Please remember that ALL students should be helping to put the stage back together after rehearsals!!
10. Please make sure your child is practicing with the tracks to get the timing right!!!!!
11. Costumes…I found some more links for shoes:
**CHORALE (7th/8th grade select chorus)
1. The Chorale schedule this year will Mondays and Wednesdays with sectionals on Fridays. You will not need to attend every Friday. This week the schedule is:
Monday- EVERYONE/ Wednesday- EVERYONE/ Friday- SOPRANO SECTIONAL
2. Next Friday (2/9) Chorale will be cancelled.
1. The quarter ends on Jan. 26th, this Friday, if your child has any questions about their grades, they can come see me before and after school or during their lunch.
2. The Quarter three workbook is now online if your child loses theirs. All music can also be found on my website!
Thank you always for your continuous support. Have a great week!
All my best,