Welcome to Quarter Three! I can’t believe this year is already half way over. Attached to this email is the Chorus Quarter Three Workbook. This week is our Spotlight production of Les Miserables School Edition. We are SOLD OUT for Friday! We still have tickets for Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. If you’d like tickets, let me know. Have a wonderful week!
NYSSMA: All NYSSMA forms have been submitted to NMEA (Nassau Music Educators Association). You will be given a time slot at the end of February.
Lunch Chorus this week:
Monday: A day, 7th grade
Tuesday: B day, 6th grade
Wednesday: A day, 7th grade
Thursday: B day, 6th grade
Friday: A day, 7th grade
For those new to emails…. welcome to my “Weekly Updates”! This is where the most important information can be found for Chorus, Chorale, and Spotlight. It’s very important you read the parts of this email that pertain to your child’s performing group, as they may not be involved in everything.
Reminder: If students lose their music or workbooks, they can print them out from my website under “Print at Home” or “Chorus” links.
The website: Please try to find answers to frequently asked questions on my website. I have sections for NYSSMA, All-County, Spotlight, Chorale, Chorus, as well as calendars, sign-ups, printables, and more. This is a key resource for you this year.
The following are updates for Chorus, Chorale, and Spotlight. For those of you new to Weekly Updates, you can find previous newsletters on my website: www.roslynmschorus.org. If you would like to unsubscribe to these emails, please respond to this email with: “UNSUBSCRIBE”. You are automatically subscribed if you send an email regarding Chorus, Chorale, or Spotlight.
If you ever have any questions, concerns, comments, or just want to chat, never hesitate to call, email, or use the “Remind” app.
**SPOTLIGHT….PLEASE READ EVERYTHING!!
1. REMINDER: Headshots are due this week for our headshot wall! You must provide a physical 8×10, vertical, color or black/white photo with your child’s name on the bottom. Any photo will do, it doesn’t have to be professional headshot, it can be your child’s school photo, bar/bat mitzvah photo, etc.
2. This week rehearsals are the following:
Sunday 2/4 (11am-4pm): FULL RUN-THROUGH…keep in mind students should come early since we are beginning the show at 11am in full dress and makeup/coverage
Monday 2/5 (3pm-8pm): FULL DRESS REHEARSAL
Tuesday 2/6 (3pm-8pm): FULL DRESS REHEARSAL
Wednesday 2/7 (3pm-8pm): FULL DRESS REHEARSAL
Thursday 2/8 (3pm call time, 4pm show): Show #1
Friday 2/9 (5:30 call time, 7:30 show) Show #2…for those new to Spotlight, keep in mind most students go to the diner after this performance
Saturday 2/10 (5:30 call time, 7:30 show) Show #3
Sunday 2/11 (12pm call time, 2pm show) Show #4 …cast party right after!
3. Please make sure students stay healthy this week!! No sharing makeup, drinks, food, etc.!!
4. ALL STUDENTS MUST BE AT EVERY REHEARSAL.
**CHORALE (7th/8th grade select chorus)
1. The Chorale schedule this year will Mondays and Wednesdays with sectionals on Fridays. You will not need to attend every Friday. This week the schedule is:
Monday- EVERYONE/ Wednesday- EVERYONE/ Friday- CANCELLED
2. Please make sure students are coming prepared with their music. Many students are beginning to forget their folders. Thank you!
3. All the songs we are singing are: This Is Me, We Are One, Baba Yetu, All That They Had They Gave, Draw the Circle Wide, Songs for a New World
1. The Quarter three workbook is now online if your child loses theirs as well as attached to this email. All music can also be found on my website!
2. We have changed around many songs…the current selection of songs is as follows:
7th/8th grade: Queen Medley, Perfect/Photograph Ed Sheeran Mash-up, How to Save a Life, Seize the Day, No Day But Today, Lava (with ukulele!), We’re All In This Together.
6th grade: You Can’t Stop the Beat (from Hairspray), Waka Waka, Can You Hear Me (with American sign language), Perfect/Photograph Ed Sheeran Mash-up, Get Back Up Again (from Trolls), and All You Need is Love (Beatles)
Thank you always for your continuous support. Have a great week!
All my best,