Weekly Update 2/11/18…just a reminder to scroll all the way down to your child’s performing group.
Words cannot express how proud I am of the cast of Les Miserables. We have had three successful shows so far, and today at 2pm is our last show. It’s amazing to think that a few months ago, the whole show was just music in a book…these students have brought the score to life and have made it their own. If you have time today, please come watch these amazing students.
I hope everyone going on vacation next week has safe travels! Enjoy the week, and happy Valentine’s Day!
NYSSMA: All NYSSMA forms have been submitted to NMEA (Nassau Music Educators Association). You will be given a time slot at the end of February.
Lunch Chorus this week:
Monday: B day, 6th grade
Tuesday: A day, 7th grade
Wednesday: B day, 6th grade
Thursday: A day, 7th grade
Friday: B day, 6th grade
For those new to emails…. welcome to my “Weekly Updates”! This is where the most important information can be found for Chorus, Chorale, and Spotlight. It’s very important you read the parts of this email that pertain to your child’s performing group, as they may not be involved in everything.
Reminder: If students lose their music or workbooks, they can print them out from my website under “Print at Home” or “Chorus” links.
The website: Please try to find answers to frequently asked questions on my website. I have sections for NYSSMA, All-County, Spotlight, Chorale, Chorus, as well as calendars, sign-ups, printables, and more. This is a key resource for you this year.
The following are updates for Chorus, Chorale, and Spotlight. For those of you new to Weekly Updates, you can find previous newsletters on my website: www.roslynmschorus.org. If you would like to unsubscribe to these emails, please respond to this email with: “UNSUBSCRIBE”. You are automatically subscribed if you send an email regarding Chorus, Chorale, or Spotlight.
If you ever have any questions, concerns, comments, or just want to chat, never hesitate to call, email, or use the “Remind” app.
**SPOTLIGHT….PLEASE READ EVERYTHING!!
1. REMINDER: Headshots are going to be up for the remainder of the week. We will take down the wall on Friday after the Encore Performance. You can take the photos on Friday from me.
2. This week rehearsals are the following:
Monday- 2:45-4:30, ENCORE PERFORMANCE
Wednesday- 2:45-4:30, ENCORE PERFORMANCE
3. Encore Performance which will take place Thursday in the auditorium at 4pm. Tickets are $10. Everyone will wear all black. EVERYONE is invited to perform.
We will be performing song selections chosen by our understudy cast as well as three group numbers- At the End of the Day, One Day More, and Do You Hear the People Sing. The performance will be approximately one hour.
I encourage EVERYONE to perform since we should all support one another. Spotlight is a family after all.
4. Please tell your child to take home any props you may have given us for the show, TODAY AFTER THE SHOW, and if you’d like to donate it, let us know as well!
5. For your convenience, we will be professionally recording the performance of Les Miserables. Here is the link so you can order a DVD or an mp4 file…or both! To order DVD’s or digital copies of the show please use the following link: https://merelisproductions.wufoo.com/forms/spotlight-roslyn-middle-school/
**CHORALE (7th/8th grade select chorus)
1. The Chorale schedule this year will Mondays and Wednesdays with sectionals on Fridays. You will not need to attend every Friday. This week the schedule is:
Monday- EVERYONE/ Wednesday- EVERYONE/ Friday- EVERYONE (breakfast party)
2. Please make sure students are coming prepared with their music. Many students are beginning to forget their folders. Thank you!
3. All the songs we are singing are: This Is Me, We Are One, Baba Yetu, All That They Had They Gave, Draw the Circle Wide, Songs for a New World
1. The Quarter three workbook is now online if your child loses theirs as well as attached to this email. All music can also be found on my website!
2. We have changed around many songs…the current selection of songs is as follows:
7th/8th grade: Queen Medley, Perfect/Photograph Ed Sheeran Mash-up, How to Save a Life, Seize the Day, No Day But Today, Lava (with ukulele!), We’re All In This Together.
6th grade: You Can’t Stop the Beat (from Hairspray), Waka Waka, Can You Hear Me (with American sign language), Perfect/Photograph Ed Sheeran Mash-up, Get Back Up Again (from Trolls), and All You Need is Love (Beatles)
Thank you always for your continuous support. Have a great week!
All my best,