I hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful weekend! My husband and I were finally able to sit outside and eat dinner again after weeks of either uncomfortable heat and rain. Here’s to an easy fast to those who celebrate Yom Kippur this week.
Reminder- Students, parents, and administrators receive these emails. If at any point you would like to be removed from the “Weekly Updates”, just email me, and I will take you off.
All my best,
GROUP ANNOUNCEMENTS- NEW BUSINESS
- All-county forms are due next week! I attached the forms to this email
- Congratulations to the cast of “Man Who Came to Dinner”! I am so excited to get started. Our first rehearsal is tomorrow after the RCP General Meeting.
Another congratulations to Daniella Futoran and Abby Drucker on making it to the final round at the Forensics Tournament at Yale! They will compete later this morning and I’m wishing them luck!
GROUP ANNOUNCEMENTS- OLD BUSINESS
- All-County: All-County commitment forms are attached to this email. Division IV is grades 9 and 10, Division V is grades 11 and 12. In order to eligible for All-County, students must have participated in NYSSMA last year (2017-2018 school year) and have a NYSSMA score.
- NYSSMA: NYSSMA forms are not done for a few months so please stay tuned.
- Please continue to check my website every week for calendars, information, etc. You can add calendars to your phones by clicking on each of the calendars on the bottom of the homepage, “Add to calendar”.
- Always check the website FIRST to see if I’ve posted calendar changes or information about anything as I edit things daily.
- All past “Weekly Updates” can be found on my website.
- Audition information for the American Choral Director’s Association Honor Choir can be found here: https://acda.org/NationalConference/Honor_Choirs/NationalConference/Honor_Choirs.aspx?hkey=8889bf76-dd44-4b3b-a2c8-d30561db64e9
- Please sign up for all Remind groups. Find link in each group below.
- Sign up for Remind: https://www.remind.com/join/b26khe
- Reminder to bring in something that represents you to put on the wall!
- We had a wonderful first rehearsal! Yay!!
- We will not have Chamber Tuesday, but we will Friday. Check the calendar online if you have any questions.
- Remind group: http://remind.com/join/e64e4k
- Monday: General RCP Meeting from 3:15-3:45
- Tuesday: Nothing
- Wednesday: NO SCHOOL
- Thursday: Parent meeting from 6:45-7:30 in chorus room.
- Friday: Nothing
- Saturday/Sunday: Ad days 9/22 and 9/23. We’ll be giving additional info at meeting on Monday.
- Sign up for Remind: https://www.remind.com/join/66ke3c
- First RCP General Meeting is on Monday, September 17th from 3:15-3:45. All members are welcome! Freshmen will be receiving an upperclassmen buddy at this meeting.
- COMING UP: Club Fair- October 2nd
- COMING UP: Two bake sales- October 4th and November 1st.
- COMING UP: Car wash- October 20th
- Go here to find the calendar for RCP and more: https://roslynhschorus.org/homepage/
- Monday: All cast meeting from 4:00-4:30
- Tuesday: None
- Wednesday: No School
- Thursday: All cast characterization 4:00-5:30pm
- Friday: None
- Saturday/Sunday: None
- The full rehearsal calendar is online. Scroll down on the homepage of my website or click here: https://roslynhschorus.org/rcp-presents/
- Improv troupe will be meeting for the first time on September 26th from 3:15-4:15. Location TBD.
Have a terrific week!