Happy Sunday! Good luck to everyone for our first full week of school in the new year. I hope everyone had a restful weekend. It was so nice to see everyone after the break. I’m looking forward to an amazing 2019!
Scroll down completely to read information pertaining to your performing group(s)!
Reminder- Students, parents, and administrators receive these emails. If at any point you would like to be removed from the “Weekly Updates”, just email me, and I will take you off.
All my best,
GROUP ANNOUNCEMENTS- NEW BUSINESS
- Improv Troupe is hosting the first ever Murder Mystery interactive dinner theater on January 30th at 5pm. The Troupe has been working on their characters as well as a very interesting plot.
- Performing Arts College Night hosted by the music teachers and Mr. Wasserman will be held on January 31st.
- Nothing new this week- many sectionals this week.
- Chamber will meet Tuesday and Friday this week. Mostly sectionals again for our new music.
- Remind group: http://remind.com/join/e64e4k
- Monday: RCP E-Board Meeting right after school
- Friday: Musical Theater Workshop, please sign up if you’d like to participate! Professional actor will be working with students on auditioning.
- Next Monday we have a general RCP Meeting. Attendance is counted in points.
- COMING UP: Bake sales: 1/29, 2/26, 5/23
- COMING UP: Improv Troupe Murder Mystery: January 30th.
- Wedding Singer REMIND sign-up: https://www.remind.com/join/mrscfein
- Monday: Music Rehearsal 4-6 (Full Company)- All About the Green, All About the Green Playoff, Pop!, Pop Playoff/BLOCKING: Awesome, Glen’s Phone Call, Somebody (Robbie’s Reprise), A Note from Linda, It’s Your Wedding Day (Reprise), Into the Toilet
- Tuesday: Music Rehearsal 4-6 (Full Company)- Pre-Casualty- Wedding Day, Casualty of Love, Not that Kind of Thing, review all songs so far/ BLOCKING: George’s Prayer, A Note from Grandma, Somebody Kill Me Please, Come out of the Dumpster,
- Thursday: 3:30-6pm (Full Company)- Review all ensemble songs/ BLOCKING: Someday (Julia’s Reprise), Anything we didn’t get to Monday or Tuesday
- For Mon, Tue., and Thurs. we will be blocking and having a music rehearsal simultaneously.
- Hopefully your scripts will be here from the printer by tomorrow!
- Note about time- if we accomplish everything we need to accomplish each day, we can leave early! We don’t have that many music rehearsals though so we need to put a lot of time up front. Like I said, it’s the kind of show with a full-time, full company, so there are a lot of rehearsals!
- Full calendar is listed on my website homepage (scroll to the bottom): www.roslynhschorus.org
- Improv troupe WILL meet Wednesday 3:30-4:30
- Murder Mystery date: January 30th.
- If you were accepted, come see me to learn your music! All County is the 3rd week in January and you are expected to know your music. There will be placement tests this year!
- NYSSMA forms are out! All information and forms can be found here: https://www.roslynschools.org/domain/228
- If you are considering NYSSMA this year and do NOT have a private teacher, please come see me. I will choose 2-3 songs from each level and prepare students during Extra-Help or before school.
- Parent meeting this month is January 31st.
- 5 hours of community service to help with the music library upstairs! Email me if you are interested, and then email me to set up a time.