Happy May! Good luck to everyone taking AP’s this week and next week. I’m sure many of you are studying away. Concert season is underway though, with the middle school concerts starting this week. We have ours May 22nd! Below is ALL concert info you need to know.
Scroll down completely to read information pertaining to your performing group(s)!
Reminder- Students, parents, and administrators receive these emails. If at any point you would like to be removed from the “Weekly Updates”, just email me, and I will take you off.
GROUP ANNOUNCEMENTS- NEW BUSINESS
1. NYSSMA Majors are May 20th- that is for anyone in Women’s Chorus, Men’s Chorus, or Chamber. We will be leaving 4th period that day to get to Hofstra.
2. Our spring concert is May 22nd at 7pm!
3. BROADWAY NIGHT IS COMING!!! May 18th!
4. RCP Car wash is also May 18th from 9am-12pm.
Here’s everything you need to know for NYSSMA and concerts!
May 17th- Chorus classes will be held in auditorium
May 20th- NYSSMA Majors- all groups will be going (dressed in FORMAL concert black). Bus leaves at 12:00, we come back at 3:00. We all take bus together.
May 21st- Period 1- EVERYONE (we will run Chamber songs and combined songs), Period 2- Women’s Chorus, Period 3- if we need to run things again, we will, Period 4- Men’s chorus
May 22nd- Concert, 7pm, come at 6:30 dressed in FORMAL black, boys wear colorful ties (same as winter concert)
Women’s Chorus- Under the Willow, Sicut Cervus, We Rise Again, Stand Together
Men’s Chorus- Homeward Bound, Black is the Color, Gloria, Homeward Bound #2
Chamber- Avinu Malkeinu, Ev’ry Time I Feel the Spirit, Let My Love Be Heard, Unclouded Day
Concert (In this order)
Women’s Chorus- Mamma Mia, We Rise Again, Stand Together
Men’s Chorus- All of Me, Black is the Color, Parting Glass
Chamber- O Magnum, Ev’ry Time I Feel the Spirit, Let My Love Be Heard, Unclouded Day
COMBINED- Somebody to Love, Time After Time, Song of Purple Summer
CHORUS (Men’s and Women’s)
1. Start getting your concert attire ready!
1. Chamber will meet Tuesday, NOT Friday this week
1. General meeting tomorrow, Monday in chorus room
2. Next bake sale: 5/23
1. Improv troupe will meet this Wednesday!
Have a terrific week!