Welcome back to my “Weekly Updates!” I am SO excited to start the year and hear about everyone’s summers. We had a great time at the Ice Cream Social on Friday, thank you to all who came, and a big thank you to Friends of RCP. I’m including a photo here.
There is a TON of information packed into this email, so please read everything! I’d rather do it in one email than risk all of this info getting lost through many emails.
**SEUSSICAL AUDITION SIGN-UP IS UNDER SEUSSICAL INFO**
Scroll down completely to read information pertaining to your performing group(s)!
Reminder- Students, parents, and administrators receive these emails. If at any point you would like to be removed from the “Weekly Updates”, just email me, and I will take you off.
GROUP ANNOUNCEMENTS- NEW BUSINESS
2019-2020 REMIND LINKS (Links to Chamber, Chorus, and RCP have not changed, so if you were in them last year, you don’t need to do anything. If you’d like to me to remove you, please let me know.
CHORUS: Text @b26khe to 81010
CHAMBER: Text @e64e4k to 81010
MIXED CHORUS: Text @mrscfeinm to 81010
THEATER CLASS: Text @ekeddh to 81010
RCP: Text @66ke3c to 81010
SEUSSICAL: Text @f22k93a to 81010
IMPROV TROUPE: Text @eeffck to 81010
2019-2020 GOOGLE CLASSROOM CODES (Parents: I cannot add you until your child adds themselves)
THEATER CLASS: pnvyia
WOMEN’S CHORUS: mm2uf3
MEN’S CHORUS: fkxdi6r
MIXED CHORUS: nn05t7r
CHAMBER SINGERS: 853ip3p
MRS. FEINMAN: 75ztd8
All choral groups will be performing on: DECEMBER 18th at 7pm and MAY 20TH at 7pm. Save the dates now!
CHORUS (Men’s and Women’s)
- You will need pencils and highlighters this year for supplies
- All choral groups will be performing on: DECEMBER 18th at 7pm and MAY 20TH at 7pm. Save the dates now!
1. The first day of Chamber will be 9/13 (Chamber will be meeting on Friday’s and Mixed Chorus will be meeting on Tuesdays). The first day of Mixed chorus will be 9/17.
2. The primary difference is the repertoire- Mixed chorus will be mostly pop and Broadway while Chamber singers will be mostly advanced choral literature. Chamber sings is auditioned, Mixed chorus is not. If you JUST want to be in Mixed chorus, please email me.
3. Sign up for auditions: https://forms.gle/frHheAYpZ9k9nCNd9
4. EMAIL FROM BEFORE SCHOOL ENDED:
These are the audition requirements:
A) Singers must sight-sing a Level 6 NYSSMA example with 3 or fewer pitch or rhythmic errors
B) Singers must hear a melody on the piano and sing it back with 3 or fewer pitch or rhythmic errors
C) Singers must learn an entire Level 6 NYSSMA choral piece in advance and singer must hold their part against the accompaniment
D) Singers must be able to identify dynamic markings and tempo markings in an unknown song
**Students have the option to re-audition as many times as they would like within one month of a concert series (September and January) to place into Chamber Singers.
5. Chamber and Mixed Chorus must be the SOLE priority on Tuesdays and/or Fridays. That means students must stay for the entirety of the class. 6. The NYSSMA level 6 song will be “Let My Love Be Heard”. There are practice tracks here: https://open.spotify.com/album/0I20jqZ4pKCroJDna2R4qh AND here:
https://jakerunestad.com/practice-tracks/ (Scroll down to “Let My Love Be Heard”)
7. To practice NYSSMA Level 6 you can visit www.sightreadingfactory.com and practice NYSSMA Level 6 sight-reading all summer!
8. I will also have practice sessions the first week of school to learn the parts and practice sight-singing DURING EXTRA-HELP or BY APPOINTMENT.
- To sign up for Mixed Chorus, send me an email!
- First day of Mixed Chorus will be 9/17
CLASS SUPPLIES LIST:
- iPad or Chrome Book
- Binder (2-3 inches)
- Legal pad
- Spike tape:(or similar) https://www.amazon.com/GreyParrot-Tape-Blacklight-Reactive-Fluorescent/dp/B073W5SLYF/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?keywords=glow+spike+tape&qid=1566994711&s=gateway&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyNjhEQ09CWTFVNDk4JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMTA3NjMyMkhDRVk4RVZXSDZVWCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMTM5MDEyNExLVktWWkpCM0Y5JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
- Glow tape: (or similar) https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Tapes-PRO-GLOW-LLGRN0510-Luminescent/dp/B005HG5OCG/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=glow+tape&qid=1566994848&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFUWUZIUTJRTzJZVDImZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAyOTQ5ODhKVDNJRzU4RElFOTUmZW5jcnlwdGVkQWRJZD1BMDQ5NDE5NDNTUjVVNjdKV0k0TlImd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl
- 100 clear sheet protectors to fit into a binder
- 1 package of sticky dividers: https://www.amazon.com/Post-Assorted-Securely-Notebooks-686-ROYGB/dp/B00QL27XMY/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=post+it+divider&qid=1566996981&s=gateway&sr=8-3
- 1 box of soft tissues
1. Our FIRST general meeting will be 9/16 at 3:15. This meeting is MANDATORY for all members!
2. Please take a look at at https://www.schooltheatre.org/internationalthespiansociety/home as we are now an official Thespian Honor Society! More details will be spoken about at our 9/16 meeting.
3. Our general meetings are held once a month, at 3:15, in the chorus room. Full schedule available online on my website.
4. Bake sales for Fall: September 18th and October 23rd
5. Car wash: September 28th at 9am
- Our first info meeting will be held on September 4th, directly after school.
- Auditions: September 5th: SIGN UP HERE- https://forms.gle/6DCEysvzzZsFuFxA9
- Callbacks: September 6th.
- Show dates: November 21-23rd
- All rehearsals will be announced at our info meeting on 9/4. Most rehearsals are M, T, Th although because of how the holidays fall this year, there are several weeks without Mondays, and those rehearsals were pushed to Friday since Wednesday is marching band. Rehearsals are usually 4-6 unless we can start earlier and they are 3:30-5:30.
- All students who audition will be cast
1. Improv troupe will begin 9/18! Look out for info!
Please send me an email if you are not receiving parent emails from Friends of RCP and I will direct you to the right place
My website: http://www.roslynHSchorus.org<http://www.roslynhschorus.org/>
RCP website: https://www.royalcrownplayers.com/
Can’t wait for things to get started!!